Wednesday 17 October 2012

Patterns - stuffed animals

A while ago I started altering various teddy bear patterns, making small changes to lengths and shapes that adjust the overall look of the  bear. Those alterations have been the stepping stones to drafting my own simple patterns, again I started with a bear but I've also been getting quite excited about other animals like dolphins and fish.

Its all very experimental and so every time I've made a prototype to test the pattern my puppy Amba has got a new toy. I leave out details such as eyes and use tough fabric for the toys/testers but eventually I plan to use the patterns I'm happy with to make more elaborate, decorative stuffed animals using plenty of interesting fabrics and nice finishes such as embroidery.

I might post up one of the prototypes later - if Amba hasn't playfully destroyed it by then...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for showing interest :)